Booking Terms and Conditions
1. A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of the amount stated in each workshop description is required at the time of booking.
2. The balance of the workshop fee is due 8 weeks prior to the commencement date. Should this final payment fail to reach us by the date specified, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled, re-sell the place and retain the deposit. If a booking is made 8 weeks or less prior to the departure date then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
3. Any cancellation by the client must be made in writing. The date on which this is received by us will determine the cancellation charges applicable. These charges are expressed as a percentage of the total workshop price, and are as follows: 90 - 57 days before workshop commences 50%; 56 days or less before workshop commences 100%.
4. For one-day workshops, the full fee is payable at the time of booking. Any cancellation by the client for a one day workshop must be made in writing. If the cancellation falls within the 8 weeks prior to the workshop no refund will be given. If the cancellation falls before this period a refund (less administration costs) will be given in the event that Dawn 2 Dusk Photography can resell the place.
5. Once a deposit has been paid a contract comes into existence between us.
6. Dawn 2 Dusk Photography reserves the right to cancel a booking at any time after receiving a deposit and / or booking form. In such cases, a full refund will be given.
7. Dawn 2 Dusk Photography reserves the right to alter or cancel any workshop due to underbooking or force majeure (see clause 8). Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary, you will then have the choice of accepting the change, transferring to an alternative workshop (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing and accepting a refund of all monies paid to us. Dawn 2 Dusk Photography is not responsible for any accommodation booked other than that which is specified in the workshop description and will not provide refunds for any additional accommodation booked by the client in the event of a workshop cancellation. Furthermore, Dawn 2 Dusk Photography will not refund the cost of any travel arrangements (e.g. flights, trains, taxis) made by the client.
8. Underbooking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings required to run a workshop is not met, and if we have to cancel a workshop for this reason, we will not do so less than 30 days prior to the commencement of the workshop. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions.
9. In the event of the specified tutor(s) being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, (a)nother leader(s) will be provided. If this is not possible, then the workshop will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 7 will come into effect. We reserve the right to change the tutor(s) stated in the workshop description.
10. We reserve the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars contained in the workshop description at any time before we enter into contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you before we enter into such contract.
11. If you have special dietary or other requests, you should inform us of these prior to the commencement of the workshop. We will advise the relevant supplier of your requirements, but we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met, and will have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
12. The workshops we run require flexibility and must allow for alternatives. For this reason the outline itinerary and workshop description must be taken as an indication of what may take place, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company.
13. Dawn 2 Dusk does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the client.
14. Dawn 2 Dusk Photography accepts responsibility for acts and /or omissions of its employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). The Company does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the booking form, unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the Company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to English law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English courts.
15. The Client at the time of making the booking with Dawn 2 Dusk Photography represents that not only the Client but all individuals in the party are fit to participate in the workshop.
16. It is the responsibility of the Client to inform us at or before the booking whether it is necessary to make any special arrangements as regards care or assistance with regard to the Client or any individuals in the Client’s party.
17. Dawn 2 Dusk Photography reserves the right to assess whether the Client or any individuals in the particular party can be safely accommodated on the workshop. Dawn 2 Dusk Photography have an absolute discretion to refuse that Client’s attendance or any member of that Client’s party on the workshop.
18. Dawn 2 Dusk Photography reserves the right to require any Client to produce medical evidence of their fitness to travel.
19. Please note that suitably qualified medical personal do not accompany the Dawn 2 Dusk Photography tours. Neither Dawn 2 Dusk nor any of its employees are equipped or trained to deal with a medical emergency or to provide care and assistance in the event of an emergency. If you have any medical condition which may need emergency treatment then you must disclose this at the time of booking to enable Dawn 2 Dusk to make an assessment as to whether you can be safely accommodated on the workshop.
20. The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the workshop leader thus giving the tour leader the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the completion of the workshop.
21. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you commence the workshop (whether abroad or in this country). The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the workshop (whether in whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas holidays), loss of baggage and personal money and belongings and transport cancellations and delays.
22. By completing this online booking, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. The person who completes the booking does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
23.1. Dawn 2 Dusk Photography shall not be responsible to the Client for any loss or damage arising from the negligent act or omission of any third party supplier or service provider or their employees or agents.
23.2. Dawn 2 Dusk Photography will not be held responsible for the performance or non-performance of any third party supplier or service provider.
23.3. In the event that a third party supplier or service provider does not meet the expectations of the Client, Dawn 2 Dusk Photography cannot be held responsible for any inadequate or unsatisfactory service supplied by a third party.